[CANCELLED] Buddhist Counselling and Mindfulness Retreat - by Prof. Wasantha Priyadarshana
[CANCELLED] Buddhist Counselling and Mindfulness Retreat (19-20 October 2019)
Due to unforeseen reasons, we are sorry to announce that Buddhist Counselling and Mindfulness Retreat scheduled on 19-20 October 2019 is cancelled. Full refund of the registration fee paid will be made to all participants who have paid the fee. Participants will separately receive an email detailing the refund arrangement.
Kindly watch out for our latest announcements regarding latest events and activities at www.buddhadharma.co/news.
The Buddha-Dharma Centre of Hong Kong
27 Sept 2019
Prof. P R Wasantha Priyadarshana received a PhD in 2008 with a dissertation entitled “Buddhist Therapy of Mental Diseases” (A Study of Psychoanalysis and Behaviour Therapy as Depicted from Tipitaka Literature). He is currently a Professor of Buddhist Culture, and was the Coordinator of the Postgraduate Diploma in Buddhist Counselling and Master
Degree in Buddhist Counselling of the Postgraduate Institute of Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka. He has been a speaker at National and International Conferences on Buddhism, Buddhist Psychotherapy and Counseling. He is also a professional psychologist counselor and is conducting various programmes related to Buddhist Psychotherapy.
To enrol, please find in the online application form and send us a proof of payment at email@example.com. Participation is on a first-come first-served basis.
Date: 19 and 20 October 2019 (Satruday and Sunday)
Checkin: 9:00am, 19 October 2019 (Saturday)
Checkout: 5:00pm, 20 October 2019 (Sunday) (No Day Retreatants)
Venue: Kadoorie Centre, HKU (Lam Kam Road, Shek Kong, Hong Kong)
Organizer: The Buddha-Dharma Centre of Hong Kong
Quota: 20 (first-come first-served basis)
Timetable: Please download here
Fee: HK$1,380 (Twin Share Room with 4 meals) (No single rooms)
Registration: https://forms.gle/2m417LwW42oUARRk8 (CANCELLED)
(Confirmation of participation could only be in effect upon receipt of full payment of retreat fee. Upon receipt of full payment, a confirmation email will be sent to confirm the retreat participation)
Enquiries: +852 2673 0001 / firstname.lastname@example.org (BDCHK)
+852 2488 5000 (Kadoorie Centre)
Remarks: (1) No application for Day Retreatants will be considered. Full participation in the overnight retreat is necessary.
(2) Only successful applicants can join the retreat. Please note that confirmation of successful participation includes the full settlement of retreat fee. Completion of electronic submission of registration only constitute part of the registration.
(3) Participants will stay in the confirmed room as assigned.
(4) Please wear loose and comfortable clothes (no jeans or tight clothings, etc). Avoid wearing
clothes which emit noises with body movement.
(5) Sitting cushions will be provided during the retreat, but participants are encouraged to bring their own
sitting meditation cushions if they already have.
(6) Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and evening liquid refreshment will be provided. Drinking water will be
available throughout the day.
(7) Please also respect the rules as prescribed by Kadoorie Centre. Details at https://www.kc.hku.hk/use_of_facilities.htm.
(8) Participants are required to abide by the organizer/meditation instructor’s advice and the rules and regulations of the retreat. Otherwise, participants may have to the retreat as instructed by the organizer/meditation instructor.
(9) Kindly note that the organizer, The Buddha-Dharma Centre of Hong Kong Limited (BDCHK), shall not be held liable in the event of any injury (mental or physical), losses or damages of any participants occurred during this retreat.
(9) Pursuant to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486), the personal
information collected or held by the BDCHK (whether contained in this Form or otherwise obtained) will only be used for the purpose of the processing of this retreat application. For this purpose of accommodation booking, etc., BDCHK may have to disclose the collected information to individuals or an organization within or outside Hong Kong, and will be treated in confidential manner and not be disclosed to any other party. Under the provisions of the Personal data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap 486), you have the right to request BDCHK to ascertain whether it holds your personal data, to be given a copy, and to apply for correction of the data, if deemed incorrect. Applications for access to and correction of personal data should be made in writing to the relevant staff of BDCHK.
(10) Arrangement during inclement weather: In case the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above / black rainstorm warning signal is issued or remains in force at 6:00am on 19 October 2019, the morning session of the retreat for the day will be cancelled. If the aforementioned warning signals are hoisted during the retreat, the retreat will be cancelled until three hours after the signals are lowered (except if (i) the signal is lowered between 5:00pm on 19 October 2019 and 6:00am on 20 October 2019, the retreat will resume only at 9:00am on 20 October 2019; (ii) the signal is lowered at or after 11:00am on 20 October 2019, the retreat in the afternoon of the day will be cancelled). The organizer will announce the latest assemble time to retreatants should the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above / black rainstorm warning signal be lowered during the course of the retreat. The assemble time will be approximately 3 hours after the lowering of the warning signals.
Payment Instructions: Please settle the fee in full through any of the following channels:
(a) by cheque made payable to “The Buddha-Dharma Centre of Hong Kong Limited”: Please write your name at the back of the cheque and send it either by post or in person to The Buddha-Dharma Centre of Hong Kong Limited (BDCHK) (Address: 28/F Pacific Plaza, 410 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong, Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm; lunch hour: 1 pm to 2 pm)
(b) by payment to the HSBC account of BDCHK (bank account no. 023-133366-838): Please notify BDCHK by email email@example.com (together with proof of payment) once you have effected the payment.
(c) by cash in person at BDCHK) (Address: 28/F Pacific Plaza, 410 Des Voeux Road West, Hong Kong, Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 10 am to 6 pm; lunch hour: 1 pm to 2 pm)
(d) by telegraphic transfer (for non-local participants). Transfer can be effected in accordance with the following instructions:
Beneficiary bank name: HSBC Hong Kong
Beneficiary account number: 023-133366-838
Beneficiary name: The Buddha-Dharma Centre of Hong Kong Limited
Beneficiary bank address: 1 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
Swift code: HSBCHKHHHKH
Please note that the fee of HK$1,380 should be paid in full in HKD, net of all bank charges which should be absorbed by the remitter or sender.